Your privacy and online security
Central to the success of Online Tax Australia is our commitment to our clients. We honour without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal.
1. Your privacy is important to us
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Online Tax Australia recognises the sensitivity of the information that you provide on your tax return, and we assure you that we view it seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Online Tax Australia will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
2. The Information we collect
Online Tax Australia will only collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to provide you with our service. The only personal information we collect comes from the information which you provide and how you use our website, for example by registering on our site and making a payment, we may keep a record of your contact details.
A ‘Cookie’ is a packet of information placed on a user’s computer by a website for record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on the Website to:
- They allow us to retain information that you have submitted in order for us to lodge your tax return.
- Traffic monitoring – Cookies are useful to gather information regarding the number of members and to determine the traffic patterns through our website. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on our site.
4. Using and disclosing your personal information
Your personal information is confidential. Our purpose in collecting information about you is to enable you to submit your tax return in a fast, convenient and safe way, and to ensure you receive any money owing to you as quickly as possible.
Online Tax Australia will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent to third parties except:
- Where we are required or authorized by law
- Where it is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested such as lodging your tax return with the Australian Taxation Office
- to allow you to participate in current and future interactive features of our services where you choose to do so
- to communicate with you in order to request further personal and financial information, responding to your requests and notify you of the status of your transactions
- to implement our terms of service or protect the interests of Online Tax Australia.
5. How you can access your information
You can contact us to request access to your information. In normal circumstances we will give you full access to your information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If access is denied, we will provide you with the reason why.
6. Changing and deleting your information
7. Keeping information secure
8. Contact for questions or complaints