We’ve tried our best to make the Online Tax Australia tax return system as easy as possible to use and navigate. But, despite our best efforts, we’re aware that you might have questions, queries or issues from time-to-time. So, we’ve put together answers to some of our most commonly received software and operating system FAQs.
How do I delete an item?
Deleting an item from your tax return couldn’t be easier. In fact, there are two ways to delete an item:
- If you are in the form you wish to delete, simply click on the ‘delete this page’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you’re not in the form that you wish to delete, simply navigate to the summary page and then click on either the ‘Delete Item’ or ‘Delete Section’ button, which are located right next to each item.
How do I add a section to my return that is not presently there?
It’s very easy to add a section to your online tax return. Follow these three simple steps:
- Navigate back to the Interview section, by clicking on the ‘Interview’ tab at the top of the screen.
- Once in the Interview tab, you’ll need to locate the interview section in which the relevant question is located, and change your answer from ‘No’ to ‘Yes’.
- Then, make sure that you click on ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
Why is the Online Tax Australia postal address on my return (rather than my personal address)?
Don’t be alarmed if you notice the postal address of Online Tax Australia on your tax return. If you have opted for our fee to be deducted from your tax refund (rather than having to be out-of-pocket and pay us upfront), then it will be our address that appears. This is because your assessment and tax refund from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) will be mailed to us first. We then check the assessment for you, match the refund transfer from the ATO, deduct our fee, and then immediately transfer the balance of your refund into your nominated bank account.
After all, we promise to deliver the maximum possible tax return within just 14 days, at an extremely affordable, fixed price (that is completely tax deductible).
What happens if I answer a question incorrectly? Can I change it?
Nothing happens. People make mistakes. So, we’ve made sure that you can review the information in your online tax return at any time throughout the process. That way, if you happen to spot any errors, you can correct them very easily along the way.
We also have a very thorough, powerful validation engine that double-checks all the data you enter into your online tax return. Plus, our experienced, professionally qualified, transparent team of accountants undertakes a thorough audit of every single tax return lodged through our system. All these checks and balances ensure that you cannot possibly lodge an invalid tax return.
Can I set up multiple tax return accounts for other members of my family with just the one email address?
Yes. You sure can. Simply click on ‘Get Started’ in the homepage and proceed through the interview section. Enter your email address and then make sure that you enter in a different password for each new family member. Having a different password for each new family member is required as it will help us identify one account from another.
NB: Are there any other FAQs that should be included on this page? I imagine that you receive lots of queries on how to use the software.
Contact Online Tax Australia for All Your Online Tax Return Needs
If you’re still having problems navigating the Online Tax Australia software platform, then feel free to contact the friendly, experienced, team of professionals at Online Tax Australia today:
- Call us on (03) 9852 9051
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org